Your privacy is critically important to us. At Cause Forward Foundation, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
Cause Forward Foundationoperates causeforward.org. It is Cause Forward Foundation’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Like most website operators, Cause Forward Foundationcollects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Cause Forward Foundation’spurpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Cause Forward Foundationvisitors use its website. From time to time, Cause Forward Foundation may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Cause Forward Foundationalso collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments. Cause Forward Foundationonly discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Cause Forward Foundation’s website choose to interact withCause Forward Foundationin ways that require Cause Forward Foundationto gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Cause Forward Foundationgathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
- Those who engage in transactions with Cause Forward Foundationare asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. (donations)
- Consortium application
- Membership information
In each case,Cause Forward Foundationcollects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction withCause Forward Foundation. Cause Forward Foundationdoes not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We inform our clients, before or at the time of collecting personal information, of the purposes for which we are collecting the information. The only time we don’t provide this notification is when a client volunteers information for an obvious purpose (for example, producing a credit card to pay a membership fee when the information will be used only to process the payment).
Cause Forward Foundationmay collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. For instance, Cause Forward Foundationmay monitor the most popular posts on causeforward.org and may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Cause Forward Foundationdoes not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Cause Forward Foundationdiscloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Cause Forward Foundation’s behalf or to provide services available at Cause Forward Foundation’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Cause Forward Foundationwill not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Cause Forward Foundationdiscloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Cause Forward Foundationbelieves in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Cause Forward Foundationthird parties or the public at large. Cause Forward Foundationtakes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
How do we use and disclose personal information?
We use and disclose personal information only for the purpose for which the information was collected, except as authorized by law. For example, we may use contact information to deliver goods.
If we wish to use or disclose your personal information for any new business purpose, we will ask for your consent. We may not seek consent if the law allows this (e.g. the law allows organizations to use personal information without consent for the purpose of collecting a debt).
What personal employee information do we collect, use and disclose?
We collect, use and disclose personal employee information to meet the following purposes:
- Determining eligibility for employment or volunteer work, including verifying qualifications and references
- Establishing training and development requirements
- Assessing performance and managing performance issues if they arise
- Administering pay and benefits (paid employees only)
- Processing employee work-related claims (e.g. benefits, workers’ compensation, insurance claims) (paid employees only)
- Complying with applicable laws
We only collect, use and disclose the amount and type of personal employee information that is reasonable to meet the above purposes. The following is a list of personal employee information that we may collect, use and disclose to meet those purposes.
- Contact information such as your name, home address, telephone number
- Criminal background checks
- Employment or volunteer information such as your resume (including educational background, work history and references), reference information and interview notes, letters of offer and acceptance of employment, policy acknowledgement forms, background verification information, workplace performance evaluations, emergency contacts, etc.
- Benefit information such as forms relating to applications or changes to health and insurance benefits including medical and dental care, life insurance, short and long term disability, etc. (paid employees only)
- Financial information, such as pay deposit information and tax-related information, including Social Insurance Numbers (paid employees only)
- Other personal information required for the purposes of our employment or volunteer relationship
We will inform our employees and volunteers of any new purpose for which we will collect, use, or disclose personal employee information, or we will obtain your consent, before or at the time the information is collected.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for purposes unrelated to the employment or volunteer relationship
What information do we provide for employment/volunteer references?
In some cases, after your employment or volunteer relationship with us ends, we will be contacted by other organizations and asked to provide a reference for you. It is our policy not to disclose personal information about our employees and volunteers to other organizations who request references without consent. The personal information we normally provide in a reference includes:
- Confirmation that an individual was an employee or volunteer, including the position, and date range of the employment or volunteering
- General information about an individual’s job duties and information about the employee or volunteer’s ability to perform job duties and success in the employment or volunteer relationship
How do we safeguard personal information?
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that personal information is accurate and complete. We rely on individuals to notify us if there is a change to their personal information that may affect their relationship with our organization. If you are aware of an error in our information about you, please let us know and we will correct it on request wherever possible. In some cases, we may ask for a written request for correction.
We protect personal information in a manner appropriate for the sensitivity of the information. We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information.
We use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, including permanently deleting electronic records.
We retain personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or for legal or business purposes.
No changes to date.
Questions and complaints
If you have a question or concern about any collection, use or disclosure of personal information by Cause Forward Foundationor about a request for access to your own personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org